Using a GM 700-R4

Several years ago I read an article in MM&FF of someone installing a GM

700-R4 in a fox bodied Mustang. Does anyone remember the provider of the adapter plate for this conversion or have a copy of the article? As I recall this swap was supposedly a step up from using the AOD or a C4 because of a wider ratio of the transmission gears (4 speed with OD as opposed to 3 speed with or without OD) and still having an overdrive.

Anyway....I'm looking for an alternative to my AOD. Of course installing a T-5 would be ideal.

Reply to
James

cprice

Lenco for the AOD would be way better than any 700R4.

Rob

Reply to
trainfan1

Hi I think you mean Lentech. See attached link

Richard

YUP, it's been a while...

Rob

Reply to