V6 Mustang: A Runner w/Achilles Heel

I didn't look at that link but I assume it's another rehash of the youtube of the guy who removed the limiter and found the critical speed of the driveshaft inbetween the top limited speed of the V6 and GT, right where one should suspect it might be given that they have different drive shafts.
Reply to
Brent
Thing is the driveshafts in the V6 Mustangs have been crap for years, so this should not come as a surprise to anyone... But 135 MPH is an improvement... they used to come apart at about 120 MPH! LOL
Reply to
John S.
I heard the 5.0 driveshaft has about 25 pound "balancer", and some race shops remove it to save weight ?
Anybody know about this?
Thanks
Reply to
biofilm
It's a two piece drive shaft, the mod of choice seems to be to go to a one piece light weight drive shaft.
A drive shaft is not the place to be cheap and start hacking. Spend the money and buy a well made lighter one or don't touch it.
Reply to
Brent
= :
Yea, no kidding. Concur on that! At high rpms, or over 112 mph, is NOT the time to find out if a modified driveshaft is going to stay together.
Reply to
patrick.mckenzie84

Site Timeline Threads