Speculation on 2013 GT500.

Early this spring, word emerged on the Web that the 2013 Shelby GT500
could kick out as much as 620 horsepower. Shortly after we brought you
the first spy shots of the new car. Today, we update the images with a
new set that hints at a turbocharger replacing the supercharger under
the hood.
A larger, higher-capacity intercooler spotted peeking out from behind
the grille is the cue for the turbo speculation. It may simply be an
upgrade to the supercharged model, but it might also indicate a need
for yet more charge-cooling capability brought on by twin-
turbocharging.
If it doesn't get a twin-turbo V-8, the next GT500 is expected to pack
a 5.8-liter supercharged V-8 based on the current aluminum-block 5.4-
liter engine. Either way, the new GT500 has the coming 2012 Chevrolet
Camaro ZL1 squarely in its sights. If it's an improvement on the
current GT500, Chevy will have a very hard time matching, let alone
beating, the Shelby.
The rest of the GT500 shouldn't change much: it will look much like
the current car, should have a similar suspension and performance
package setup, and will of course be a solid-axle, rear-drive layout.
Interior quality may see another uptick, and it'll likely get a few
new tech features as Ford has been pushing hard in that segment
lately.
Beyond that, it's a waiting game to see what the next Shelby GT500
will offer. We just can't wait to get one on track.

Seems everyone is going with turbos.
Patrick
Reply to
NoOp