What the problem was...

I was warned by people about going to Canadian Tire.

Awhile back I posted on a whining noise and vibration occuring when I drove my 01 GT. Anyway, lots of people offered opinions on what it might be, but it's interesting how it was finally figured out. I took the car into a local auto repair shop known as Canadian Tire. After driving it around for 3 or 4 times to get a feel for the problem, raising the car, running it with it's wheels off the ground, taking off the the front and rear wheels, here's what they pronounced the problem to be: "A tooth has broken off in the differential, and you have a loose "control arm." Trouble is, they don't do driveline repairs.

So, I took the car to another repair shop and let them have a look. Here's what they found:

-Damaged/worn right front wheel bearing, slightly worn u-joint, slight wear (but not serious) left front wheel bearing. So they replaced the right wheel bearing and u-joint and said that if any noise developed in the left wheel bearing I should come back in. The noise and vibration was gone. Oh; They also said my right front brake was wearing at "an angle." Funny; I'd had my brakes done (all four) three months ago at....Canadian Tire. They said (the other garage) that the brake job appeared to have been done improperly. Then, I get a recorded message from Canadian Tire asking if I was satisfied with their work from the other day.

So, I have to go back to the Canadian Tire and ask them to re-do their warrantied brake job. It should be fun. Lastly, the sign above the door to the Canadian Tire shop area read:

"You are now enterting the domain of the finest technicians in Mississauga."

-Rich

Reply to
Richard

I guess finest doesnt equal best.

Reply to
John Wiebalk

mines was damage by the guy who fix my mustang he scatch my doors, and ram my door in the bottom and left a 3" by 5" dent, thats ford job#1 they did not find the problem untill the warranty expire, i bought it thier three times before. it was a leaking gas tank seal. You would think ford would care more about your car.

Reply to
pramexzy

Y'know Richard, the only good thing 'bout Canadjan Tyre is that sooner or later they close the doors and go home for the night.

Mr an Mrs Auga huh.. I'm right in you neighbourhood.. Burnhamthorpe and Erin Mills...

Reply to
Jafo

Cacan tire is the worse garage in the world. They hire young, inexperienced mechanics and under pay them. As soon as they start knowing what they are talking about, out they go to more rewarding and paying jobs.

In a survey that the consumer protection agency do every year they come out as one of the most crooked shop. What they do is they cause a minor problem to a perfect car (like pull on a vacuum line or some other stupidity). They they take it in for repair in a number of shops and then compile the bills for the job. You should see what cacan tire charged them to put a vaccum line back in...

Funny thing is that every year they pick a small 2 door garage for their survey and most of the time they come out as the shining stars. They go in, they guy opens the hood, plugs the line back in and sends them on their way free...How does that compare to multi hundred dollar bills in the big chains...

Take a look at this year's survey, it's a hoot...

Serge