What were the FMS Springs used to drop 95's down to a reasonable height??

...I keep forgetting.....were they the "C" Springs? My 95 Cobra still has stock springs and I'm really sick of the off-road look.

Reply to
HeadRusch

IMO the C springs are two low for an SN95. They border on ricer ground. They drop it a good 2". The Bullitt Kit will drop the car about 1". It helps the 4x4 look with out getting to low.

MadDAWG

Reply to
MadDAWG

Does this look like a ricer...hmm??

;-)

And this is with 1 coil cut in the rear springs and 18" wheels.

Cindy

Reply to
Cindy
** IMO the C springs are two low for an SN95. They border on ricer ground. ** They drop it a good 2". The Bullitt Kit will drop the car about 1". It helps ** the 4x4 look with out getting to low.

Stores have been passed around about 2+" drops, and I've seen pictures, but in my case, this didn't happen. In fact, the back didn't drop nearly enough, as with Cindy's GTS.

Just about any aftermarket progressive spring set will give you a nice cushy ride and a lower ride height. The absolute best spring sets include matching shocks/struts, use linear-rate springs all around, and keep the drop to less than 1.00", as the Bullitt system does. I have a complete listing of all drop/compression rates (including OEM's) for most spring sets in HTML format, if you're interested.

-JD

Reply to
JD Adams

Forget the hassle of cutting the spring. on my previous car (95GT) I used steeda sport springs in combination with Tokico non-adjustable shock/struts. I loved the ride and the drop was about 1.5 inches. Just enough to lower it, and not too much to screw up the steering geometry.

Rein