which speedo cable for '89 GT with T-5?

Hi guys,

I tried searching in the archives, but have not found the answer to my question.

After 18 years and 120,000 miles, my speed cable has finally stopped working.

I am on the NAPA site and trying to find the replacement speedo cable for my 89' GT with maual tranny, but it gives me a choice of 2 different types and I do not know which is the right one.

these are the choices:

Could anyone help?

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
bones302

Why not pull the defective one and check?

Reply to
Richard

I had to do this a while ago too, on my 1991 GT. The first cable you have listed is for a car with cruise control, the second is for one without. (This could be reversed, but this is the reason for the two different cables). Hope this helps

Clark

Reply to
CBeech

Yup, Kragen has theirs listed with and without cruise.

Reply to
GILL

Take a look at the speedometer cable where it plugs in to the transmission. If there is a doodad there with wires attached to it, you need BK 6151631. If there are no wires in that aread, you need the other one - the one that has a little collar around the end.

Reply to
.boB

I don't want to pull out the old cable until I am ready to put the new one in so I don't forget how to route the new one in. Looks like I need the 72" one, since I have cruise control. Thanks for your help, guys.

Reply to
Frank.Viquez