Why do minorities avoid Mustangs?

I don't know if it's just my observation, but it seems that there are not many "minority" Mustang owners. In my area of North East, it's mostly young white kids or middle-age rednecks (like me). Any reason for this? I still feel that for the $$, Mustangs offer a pretty good deal vs. some tricked out Honda/Mazda/Infinity....

-Nat

Reply to
natshaw99

Apples & oranges. A Mustang is nothing like a Honda, Mazda, Infinity, etc.

-Mike

-- Melt away the Cellulite with Cellulean!

<memset

Without taking offense, I am trying to figure out what minority you are referring to? It almost sounds like you are meaning Asians only. Does "minority" include all minorities?

Clarify please, and then I will help you answer the question.

Don Manning

Reply to
2.3Sleeper

Here in Tennessee.. "The South"

No segregation whatsoever

Red, white, black, yellow and brown and green. Young and old, wealthy and poor... male and female.

The Mustang bridges all the gaps.

Now older Camaros.. that's a WHOLE nuther story! Can you say Mullet!!

Kate Middle aged, Irish, female

98 Cobra Drop Top
Reply to
SVTKate

Thank God NOT many mullets up here north of the border......spotted driving older Camaros!!

Brian Middle aged Canadian (half Irish)

73 Z/28 - Original Owner HEY but my son drives a 92 LX 5.0 (must be that 1/4 Irish in him!!)

Reply to
BM

Don't discount us old-age rednecks, like me.

Reply to
John H

I may have to move to Tennessee. I've always had a "thing" for green people.

Bob '03 Cobra coupe

Reply to
Bob

Maybe you should get off of Long Island once in a while. I see plenty of all types here around Philly.

dwight

Reply to
dwight

They're the ones hiding in the bushes during huntin season :)

| > No segregation whatsoever | >

| > Red, white, black, yellow and brown and green. | > Young and old, wealthy and poor... male and female. | >

| > The Mustang bridges all the gaps. | >

| > Now older Camaros.. that's a WHOLE nuther story! | > Can you say Mullet!! | >

| > Kate | > Middle aged, Irish, female | > 98 Cobra Drop Top | >

| |

Reply to
SVTKate

Suits me just fine. When Mustangs were "on top" with lots of groups, the theft rate put them at number #2. I had my Mustangs stolen 4 times. Now that the minorities go after and drive Acuras and Hondas, I feel much safer. And I haven't had a Mustang stolen for five years now.

-Rich

Reply to
RichA

Man, you mention "middle aged redneck" JUST once.....

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

Heck! Moostangs aren't even in the top 25 for 2003

Jafo

Tehn why the hell aren't our insurance rates dropping???