Will I be OK?

I'm going into truck driving and at the same time I've always wanted a Mustang for as long as I can remember. The SVT Cobra V8 convertable.

Anyways I can't afford any type of points on my driving record because the insurance costs are too much for the trucking companies and they would fire me.

Is it risky buisness to purchase a Stang now? I'm afraid of being singled out in a line of cars for speeding. I know I won't be speeding in it because of this "points" deal but still there is no telling what may happen. If I want to drive the car agressively I figured there might be some race tracks open for that in South Texas where I'm moving to. All they would do was have me pay an enterance fee. It would be fun being able to see what such a car can do.

So anywho, should I or shouldn't I? Either way I know I'm going to have one once I leave the commercial truck driving scene regaurdless. So it's just sooner or later. I'll just save up about 15 percent of my paycheck every time and put it in a Certificate of Deposit account.

For some reason I prefer such a car over the Vette. Probably because the Stang is more practical. It's got a back seat and a trunk. Kids and Short or young adults can sit in the back. Does anyone know if adults fit comfortably in the back? I haven't tried it on the newer

2005 models.
Reply to
eastwardbound2003

Back seat is as tight as ever... think astronauts getting into an old Mercury capsule. You don't mention your age with regard to insurance. Drive defensively, and comply with the rules of the road and you should not be singled out. Act like an idiot and you get what you deserve. As far as the race track goes, it's already being done. I've watched some guys totally destroy some 'vettes and some Vipers. Their insurance does NOT cover the track.

Bottom l>I'm going into truck driving and at the same time I've always wanted a

Hey! Spikey Likes IT!

1965 Ford Mustang fastback 2+2 A Code 289 C4 Trac-Lok Vintage Burgundy w/Black Standard Interior Vintage 40 Wheels 16X8" w/BF Goodrich Comp T/A Radial 225/50ZR16
Reply to
Spike