Winter Storage

I'm looking for info on what type of prep I should give my 2000 Mustang to store it safely for the winter months. I'll be parking it in an unheated garage. I live in Toronto where the winters can be harsh.

Many thanks in advance.

Reply to
meridian

Here is what I tend to do with the classics..

1) visit rust check, have the car sprayed. 2) changed the oil and filter, do a complete lube job as well, top up all fluids, and check tire pressures, you might want to inflate the tires with an extra 5-10 psi to help prevent flat spots on the bottom of the tires. 3) fill the tank with new gas and dump in some gas line anti freeze, some fuel stabilizer. 4) start and run the car for several minutes to allow the mixture to circulate(you can if you want "fog" the engine with storage spray, but it is much easier on carb'ed engines). 5) place a couple small branches from cedar bushes on the floor mats (helps keep unwanted critters out), also hang a couple air fresheners or bounce dryer sheets. 6) apply a good coat of wax to the paint, some people will just apply the wax and let it haze, then buff off the following spring. 7) if you are going to cover it, buy a good outdoor cover the will breath.

The most important steps are 1-4. then in the spring change the oil again, re-wax it, adjust the tire pressures and your good..

Snow...

Reply to
Snow