Winter Storage

Where have all the series Landrovers gone? In the Summer I see loads of em on the roads spent half my time on the road Flashing and waving and now winter is here none to be seen.... Do they wrap em up and stick em in the garage in case they get dirty or a bit of salt on the chassis...

Being a Tight Yorkshireman i pay the tax i'm going to bloody use it not polish it and buy fancy bits I'll never use. Or are they starting to become collectors pieces just for sunny afternoons?

Adrian Ford

Reply to
Adrian Ford

Mine is still out and about every day!

Only difference is that now it is winter it has a fan heater on a time plug and an extension from the socket I fitted at the front of the house.

Fan heater comes on for an hour before I get in in the morning, gets unpluged, put in the house, kids are under strict instructions to get in the back quick. Drive kids to school, everyone is nice and polite and keep out of my way (driving an old beat up car seems to help), then it gets parked in the supermarket car park all day while I go to work. - I do like to let it drive in the 4x4 natural environment, school run and supermarket run!

Lovely and warm in the mornings but the trouble is when it freezes in the afternoon, takes ages to defrost.

...and I'm a semi tight Yorkshireman (only semi cos if I was a proper tight yorkshireman I would have a car that did lots of miles to the gallon (petrol and oil))

Adrian Ford wrote:

Reply to
Nigel

Mine is still out there too, and I drive in bare feet :)

Reply to
Larry

Reply to
John Oakes

Speaking of Defenders in germany, we have found out that there are big regional differences in the Defender density :) We had been in two areas of germany during the last months with many hills, and almost no Defenders could be seen :( Lots of 4wd, but mostly japanese/korean make. Then here around nuremberg, very flat area, my wife meets up to five or six per day, just on the way to and from work.

regards - Ralph

Reply to
Ralph A. Schmid, DK5RAS

Reply to
Adrian Ford

when i went out in mine yesterday i felt like i was going to get frostbite as i had only put one pair of socks on (and shoes!).

Reply to
Tom Woods

Not quite a series but my 1984 110 is in daily use and all the regular landies I see around here are in daily use, some are working vehicles, some owned by enthusiasts, most as mix of both.

Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.)

Reply to
Mr.Nice.

Have you used any of them? Martyn Dransfield at Lanro rechassised my Series 2, but I haven't used any of the others.

Reply to
Tim Hobbs

"Ralph A. Schmid, DK5RAS" wrote

loads of em

Adrian if have you driven a Series Landy in winter, then you would know why. I prefer my newer Defender's heater.

Ralph, when I was in Germany this year for the Alrad off-road show and the DLRC Hessen rally, I did not see as many Landys (of any type) as back here in the UK. I'll have another look next October on my way to Horstwalde. (Ralph for a keyboard OSO, e-mail me direct.)

Reg.

Reply to
Reg

Dewsbury 4x4 bought my first landrover from there. Turned out to be a piece of junk came with 12 months MOT ..Death Trap. Never been back......

Browns 4X4 nice lads I go here if i want a job doing.

Lanro.. Once went to collect a part waited twenty minutes while he chatted to his mate .A bit ignorant obviously doesn't need the money never been back.The younger one that works there seems ok though...

4Xforty one or whatever its called near showcase I have never used..

Never been to the main dealer in Mirfield or the one in Lockwood...

Generally I use Paddocks and do the job myself its a lot cheaper and you know its getting done properley...

Reg, are you a southerner?

Reply to
Adrian Ford

worra bout D&R in halifax