Winter Storage - Inside - Outside

I've decided that a Chicago winter and my new XKR convertible shouldn't mix, so lacking a lot of space, but having an extra car, I've decided to rent storage space. (jeepers from an '03 XKR to a 98 Camry- oh well it's just the winter, and we'll visit).

The big question is should I just rent a covered parking spot in a secured monitored storage place or spring for an inside spot. If outside I'd also get a decent car cover. I'm leaning toward the inside spot but wondering if I'm going overboard on what I need. Inside would be unheated.

Any thoughts?

Reply to
Larry Simon

Inside, by all means. Park it on a large sheet of plastic as a moisture barrier, and don't cover it with anything that can't breathe (no plastic-coated tarps atop it).

Reply to
WayneC

Hi Larry,

I'm currently renovating my garage adding insulation and heat for my Jag. I guess it depends on how long you want to own the car. I'm planning to keep mine for at least 20 years so I'm going a bit overboard.

Rick Piatt

Reply to
RickPiatt

Reply to