'81 280zx (Non-turbo) engine revs up and down

This happens wether engine is hot or cold. Engine starts revving up and down, in idle. When driven, it seems to take a while for it to shift gears

- trans fluid was low a week ago. No fluid seen on ground. Does anybody have have a checklist of things for me to look for, before having it taken in to a mechanic. Not too many peolpe work on Z-cars around here and the ones that do seem to gouge. Thanks!

Reply to
bens280z

I know what u mean,First check all rubber vacuum lines around the engine for leaks, replace any that even look suspect. Also check web site Zcar.com for a lot of useful info.Good luck Jim

Reply to
fishead