90 Nissan 300zx will not start after new radiator install

Hello,

My husband replaced the radiator on his 1990 Nissan 300zx (Fair Lady, non-turbo, automatic). While working on the car he decided to change the thermostat and removed the fan shroud, fan and several wiring harnesses. Pending inclement weather forced him to abandon changing the thermostat, so he reattached fan, fan shroud and the wiring harnesses. The radiator was successfully installed. The problem is the car will not start. The car cranks, but the engine will not turn over or even hit. It does not seem to be getting any fuel. He is certain the harnesses were all replaced properly and did not remove or work on any other part. The car worked just fine prior to the radiator install, with no trouble starting.

Any suggestions as to what to look for or try? I've since disconnected the battery in the hopes the electrical or security system needed to be reset (a stretch, I know, but my mechanical knowledge is limited to a highschool shop class over a decade ago ;-p).

Noteworthy: he did not disconnect the battery prior to working on the car. The battery was connected when he pulled the wiring harnesses. I'm not sure how much bearing, if any, this may have on this situation but I was under the impression the battery must always be disconnected prior to doing any intensive work on a vehicle.

Reply to
creepigurl

Try cleaning the connectors going to the ignition amplifier box which is located on the passenger side timing cover. These wires got disturbed when the radiator was removed and likely could be the problem. They get corroded and disturbing them can cause a poor connection and the car won't start.

Reply to
Steve T

Thanks for the advice ~ I'll let him know to double check those wires. I know he's dying to drive the car ~ the weather here in Atlanta is perfect for driving with the t-tops off.

Reply to
creepigurl

If you can't figure it out, we do work on these cars. :-)

Reply to
Steve T

check the wire which going to inside passenger side. my idea there matter with those wires.

New radiators