early 240 automatic

My 71 240 with an automatic transmission was manufactured in Oct

1970. If my research is correct, that is the first month they made 240's with automatics. Anyone know what serial number was the first with an automatic or where i can find out how far down the line mine is? My cars serial number is just under 15000.
Reply to
sdp1

Try the obvious "google' search..and then check out the "Z" webring...as thre is a stack of info on these cars out there...

I own an original ( 70,000kms ) 280ZX 2+2... so I'm not that up with the tech specs on the 240z....but love 'm just the same.. :)

Reply to
Hi-Soft