Engine damaged on truck shipment

I bought a TT engine from a shop in Tennesee that I purchased an engine from before with no issues. Today, I get a call from the local shop telling me the engine is in and has been damaged in transit

Seller did not secure the engine to a pallet and the trucking company picked up the engine as is. The jerk who prepped the order for shipment is new and he simpl wrapped the engine is shrink wrap plastic and did not wrap the plastic around the underside of the pallet, no cables no metal bands. So basically the engine was just sitting on a pallet. What stupid efffing moron

Trucker said he was second driver from terminal and the engine rolled around one time, then he stopped and secured it to the corner of the truck with a chain. The shipper never should have picked up the load and the seller should have inspected before pickup. Both parties are at fault The shipment was insured

Damage to the EGR, water pump sensor, busted timing belt cover, sensor near right side throttle body damaged and the oil filter is dented. Also found both TPS bad, oil sending unit and cam seals are damaged. The engine was on its right side for at least 2 hours and could have even been upside down for all I know

The company I bought the engine from agreed to pay for replacement parts/labor costs. They say the engine should be fine and will smoke when started but will burn off. I already knew it would smoke since the oil flowed upward. Oil was in the rear of the truck so it and damaged a couple of boxes, not mine thank God

What do you think, will there be any issues other than smoke from oil burning off ? Will replace timing belt since oil will dry out a belt once heated. I'm going to hold them liable till the engine is cranked and driven. Turbos were removed/bad. Engine has 112,000 miles on it. So long as the oil flowing upward is not going to damage the engine permantely, I think this will work out okay and I'll get some 120k maintenance done at no cost.

Crazy story huh! I didn't get to mad, I used a credit card and always buy insurance so somebodies gonna pay. Thanks for the advice

Reply to
Nissan4ME

I hope you paid them to replace the rod bearings! On a TT they are at the end of their useful life at that milage. Also the cam seals wouldn't be damaged and I'll bet the VTC's are what are leaking, not the seals. But no the engine wouldn't be damaged from being upside down for a short period of time.

Reply to
Steve T