02 Sentra GXE oil drain plug: standard or left-handed threads

As the subject asks: is the oil drain plug for a 2002 Nissan Sentra GXE (QG18DE engine) a "normal" thread plug (where a counter-clockwise turn will
loosen it as most bolts work) or a left-handed thread plug (where it must actually be turned clockwise to loosen it)?
I'm assuming that it's a normal plug, but am asking just to be sure so that I do not make a mistake and snap off the drain plug.
Thanks in advance for any responses.
Daniel W. Rouse Jr. wrote:

A LT thread on a sump plug would be diabolical. Not even the French would try such a thing.
Using a truly hexagonal socket (with only 6 flats instead of the usual 12) will ensure you don't round off the head of the plug if you need to use force. They're usually quite soft steel.
John
use a 14mm 6 or 12 point box wrench or socket.
lefty loosie , righty tighty

On Oct 11, 12:21 pm, "Daniel W. Rouse Jr."

I can't imagine a left hand thread drain plug. Having heard horror stories about the old Peugeots though, I wouldn't put it past the French. The old joke around the garage was that when the rest of the world went metric, the French would go Whitworth! A six point socket is a very good idea. Also, use a small box end wrench, no more than 5 or 6 inches long, or a similiarly short ratchet handle, when tightening the plug so as to preclude over-torqueing it and stripping the threads. Good luck. Al
on 10/11/2007 12:21 PM Daniel W. Rouse Jr. said the following:

The sizes may be different, but the turning is the same.
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY