200 SX wanted - in Berkshire, UK

I've decided that I've waited long enough ... I've loved the 200 SX for a decade and have finally decided to get one.

I do 20,000 miles a year, so I'm going to keep my trusty old Audi A4 1.9 TDi for the boring journeys, but I want a decent 98/99/2000 200 SX for fun.

Any advice on what I should look out for. Honest John (the Telegragh) says that frequent oil changes and simmering after hot runs are necessary, but what should I be looking for when I start searching on AutoTrader?

They all look like amazing value compared with just a few years ago, but what are the planned service intervals, how steep are the bills from main dealers and how much for the major services and parts ?

Any advice would be much appreciated, especially from anyone in the Nissan trade who knows what to look for.

Reply to
Graeme