96 quest TCC Solenoid Valve

On steep grade car does not seem to "downshift". RPM up to 3800 back to 3000 and repeats as I try to accelerate. This is at a speed of

70-75 MPH and I actually begin to lose speed. The Check Engine light came on and the code it gives me is 1106 TCC Solenoid Valve. Can I trust this code or should I try a few other things first? The transmission also takes a long time to shift from 1st to 2nd gear. This may be a another problem entirely, I don't know because this symptom doesn't trip the check engine light. The van has 150000 miles on it.

Thank you for your help.

Dan

Reply to
Dan