'98 Altima with eratic idle

176K miles. While idling, rpms hunt around ~800 down to less than 500, stumbles, then back up to ~800, then stumbles down to less than 500...etc. Still there after new plugs, wires, cap and rotor. I haven't noticed any hesitation during normal driving. Thoughts?
Reply to
deimzig

Does it stall (or nearly stall) when you come to a stop?

If so, had a similar problem with my '97 R33 Skyline (RB25DET). Was a combination of AAC valve sticking, faulty wire connection at the ECU which was high resistance, and the O2 sensor had died.

Purrs like a kitten now.

Reply to
Gary Hammond