ABS

Hm, this is weird.

My window sticker seems to indicate that my Nissan Quest (99) came with ABS.

I looked under the wheels and noticed they indeed have speed sensors, but when I look in the hood, I do not see the presence of the ABS hydraulic actuator.

Are the speed sensors for ABS the same sensors that are used for the speedometer of the van?

What else should I look for to verify this is ABS?

Reply to
Martin Lynch

E. Meyer

or you could insert the key into the ignition and turn the van on but not start it and observe the lights that come on the dash when the system goes into bulb check

if you see an ABS light, then you have ABS

Reply to
NissTech

Maybe it's just me, but that doesn't seem like a really good idea.

Bob

Reply to
'nuther Bob

Well, Bob. If you can't control a car from 40 in an stop, I for one don't want to be anywhere near you on the road.

You must have just stopped driving when Honda recommended that the early

90's ABS system have to be regularly exercised to functi> >
Reply to
E. Meyer

I don't disagree with the technique, it's just not what I'd do on a dry road. I usually do my testing on snowy or sandy roads at low speed. You have to hit the brakes pretty hard to lock a wheel and trigger the ABS on a dry road. I don't need that kind of wear.

That might have been true on a your Honda. I haven't seen other manufacturers recommending that. I still test them once in a while just because I like to, but again, on a loose surface.

Bob

Reply to
'nuther Bob