Baffled

Ok guys, I posted a while back about Nissan Starting Problems. I had a truck that wouldn't start eventhough the starter, ignition switch, and coil had all been replaced. THe battery was fine and i just couldn't find what the problem was. Well Someone suggested that I remove the Interlock relay and wire the prongs together to test if the relay was bad, and voila, it started. Well...i go buy a new relay put it in and nothing. Truck starts if I remove the relay and hard wire the harnes, but will not crank if realy is in. I have tested the Relay with a meter and appears to be in fine working order. Any suggestions before I pull out all the wiring and rewire the whole thing? Todd

Reply to
N. Todd Sides

I was one of the people who suggested you just jumper the relay contacts. From what you describe, it looks like the relay coil isn't getting 12V when you turn the ignition key to the START possition. You can verify this by using either a meter or testlight, and turning the ignition key.

Like I said, you can just leave the relay bypassed. Canadian models didn't even have this >Ok guys, I posted a while back about Nissan Starting Problems. I had a

Reply to
Anonymous

Reply to
N. Todd Sides

Well, if you want to go looking for trouble ... ;)

It really shouldn't be that complicated. The first thing I'd do is get a wiring diagram, like even from a Chilton's manual. That would make your life a lot easier.

Reply to
Anonymous

Reply to
N. Todd Sides