Hail Damage

Hello All, A dealer here in upstate New York is offering me a 2003 Sentra 1.8S with minor hail damage. The damage was done in May in Smyrna, Tennessee. During this period there was also flooding in parts of Tennessee (and lots of other places as well). My concern is that the car might have flood damage as well as hail damage but nothing is visible other than the minor pits from the hail. Anyone have any thoughts?

Reply to
GS

Why is a Tennessee car being sold by a dealer in New York? If you are uncomfortable with the car don't make the deal even at a good price. You might have to live with a lemon for a long time. MLD

Reply to
MLD

I bought a truck to replace my 89 240sx (the 240 still runs great though) and its a 2001. I bought it from a respectable dealer in RI, but the truck was picked up at an auction, and had been sent to that auction from Detroit, Michigan, where the truck was repoed for the person being arrested for DWI twice. I guess in jail its tough to make payments. Anyway....the truck is fine despite being so far away from where it came from.

Just my 2 cents.

-BD

Reply to
BD

... because it was built there!

Reply to
Gilb

if you are willing to accept the hail damage, and if you are concerned about the possibility of flood damage, take a flashlight and look under the seats for rust on metal parts. if you are very interested in the auto, ask the dealer if you can raise the carpets to inspect for rust.

Reply to
okr

The story from Nissan is that 9,000 cars were damaged while on the lot at the Smyrna factory. The dealers were invited to Smyrna to bid on the cars which have no warranty on the paint or exterior surfaces. Typically the cars were bought for a couple thousand less than normal so that the dealers could offers lower price incentives to sell the cars. Some of the cars have little damage, some have extensive damage.

Reply to
Harry Balls

Indeed the car was built in Smyrna. It's a new car. My concern is that there was extensive flooding in Tennessee during the same period as the hail damage occurred so I was just asking to see if anyone had specific info.

Thanks to all who answered.

Reply to
GS

Hello All, A dealer here in upstate New York is offering me a 2003 Sentra 1.8S with minor hail damage. The damage was done in May in Smyrna, Tennessee. During this period there was also flooding in parts of Tennessee (and lots of other places as well). My concern is that the car might have flood damage as well as hail damage but nothing is visible other than the minor pits from the hail. Anyone have any thoughts?

The story from Nissan is that 9,000 cars were damaged while on the lot at the Smyrna factory. The dealers were invited to Smyrna to bid on the cars which have no warranty on the paint or exterior surfaces. Typically the cars were bought for a couple thousand less than normal so that the dealers could offers lower price incentives to sell the cars. Some of the cars have little damage, some have extensive damage.

--------------020300060308020805060207--

Reply to
Bill Schnakenberg