I30t 5sp -- Nisstech

The local Nissan mechanics insist there is some play in the transmission where the axle is inserted that is causing a fluid leak at the seal, despite new seals two weeks ago. I have confidence in this repair shop, but the cost of a new or rebuilt transmission is high, especially for a

1996 automobile. My questions: does anyone (Nisstech?) know of a service bulletin on these older manual transmissions for I30s and Maximas from '96? Is this a common problem?

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
ppointer

Well known problem (differential carrier bearings), but nothing Nissan is going to help you with.

Reply to
Jim