Looking for Good Mechanic in Chicagoland

Folks,

Does anyone know a good, preferably independent, mechanic in Chicagoland? I hope to find someone with expertise in Maxima. The ideal people would be the frequent contributors to this newsgroup. But unfortunately there is no easy way of knowing which general areas they live by.

Thanks,

Owner of a Manual 1998 Maxima SE

Reply to
sunshe

Folks,

Does anyone know a good, preferably independent, mechanic in Chicagoland? I hope to find someone with expertise in Maxima. The ideal people would be the frequent contributors to this newsgroup. But unfortunately there is no easy way of knowing which general areas they live by.

Thanks,

Owner of a Manual 1998 Maxima SE

Reply to
sunshe

Since I bought my first new Maxima in 1991 I've always taken it to Fergus Nissan on Golf Road. Never had a problem with them in all this time and never had one problem with the in all this time and the car was always repaired the FIRST time it was in. No returns to repair a repair.

Another independent I've heard is very good was a place on the south side of Dempster, between Rand and River Road, in Des Plaines. He actually specializes in Z cars but I've been told he also does Maximas. He was a Nissan mechanic years ago and opened his own shop about 10 - 15 years ago now, I think.

Reply to
tranch

Reply to
sunshe

newsgroup.

Reply to
sunshe

That's it. Once Dempster crosses Rand it becomes miner through Des Plaines. Been a long time since I was up that way. If it was really on the south side of Dempster it would probably be in the river!!!

Reply to
tranch