Maxima/ Quest owners, exhaust studs, and Oxy sensor?

Anybody know when Nissan fixed the exhaust studs popping off on the 3.0 motor? My mechanic wasn't sure, but his experience was that if it didn't happen after 30K, then it wasn't likely to go bad. Every now and then I swear I hear some kind of blatting noise from around there, but maybe my overly imaginative brain

2nd, mechanic can't tell me which oxy sensor went bad. Is there a pattern that anyone knows about? The cel is one about a third of the time, when I can find a job I'd like to take a crack at it. Thanks, Dan
Reply to
P Daddy

I believe '95 was the last year of the bad exhaust manifold studs. I've hear no reports of '96 or newer motors having problems with those studs.

Also, I can tell you from personal experience that the studs can break when you have 68,000 miles on the motor....

Reply to
ppointer