O2 sensor's heater bad? `97 Maxima Nissan

After testing an oxygen sensor for resistance the heater circuit reads 24,000,000 ohm. Normally it should read 4-ohm, correct? I put the connector back on and back probe the heater 2-pin and it reads 12V with ignition on. Should I replace the O2 sensor?

Thanks

Reply to
Tibur Waltson

Yes and yes.

Reply to
Jim

If budget is small, he could put a 4 ohm power resistor in parallel with the heater, to make the computer think the heater is still good. The sensor will then take longer to warm up, but the car will probably stil run fine.

Startup emissions might be a tad higher. To make up for the higher emissions of your car, skip the next barbecue, and use the electric range.

Reply to
name

Quite likely this will not work - it will clear up an oxygen sensor heater code, but may then result in an oxygen sensor slow response code being set.

Reply to
Robert Hancock