P1135

Check engine light just came on 2002 Camry 4 cylinder.\ Code is P1135. Anyone know what that is and the fix.

Thanks Cmuller

Reply to
cmuller

"

Reply to
Stephen H

P1135 : A/F Sensor Heater Circuit Malfunction (Bank 1 Sensor 1)

Your oxygen sensor's heater circuit bit the dust. To verify, use an ohm meter to check the resistance. Calif spec is about 1 ohm +/- 0.2; non-calif about 13 ohms +/- 3. Of course, it could be the wiring or ECM, but much less likely.

I remember reading about a bad batch of oxygen sensors on Camrys. They take out the catalytic converters, too. There was a TSB and free replacement of the parts. Can't remember the details. So check with the dealer about this, you might get free parts.

cmuller wrote:

Reply to
johngdole

Thanks John, This is a Air / Fuel sensor. It is a four wire device and I guess replaced the traditional oxygen sensor.I ohmed the contacts and got open circuit no matter what two I choose. I will search for a TSB on this.I have an extended warrenty that expires in December.Will see if they honor it or give me some shit about not coming to them for all my oil changes.I have been doing them myself for the last 14000 miles and dont save those Autozone receipts. So, another interesting adventure to the dealer.

Carl Muller

Reply to
cmuller

===================== You need to be very selective in using an ohm meter on an oxygen sensor. With a simple unheated O2 sensor, if you check for voltage output during operation that is OK. If you check for resistance, you will put voltage into the sensor and cause it to fail. With the heated O2 senor, it is OK to check for continuity in the heater filament circuit, but not across the O2 sensor.

Reply to
Daniel