Re: Nothing can go worgn.....CASH FOR CLUNKERS CHAOS

> CASH FOR CLUNKERS CHAOS

>> Clunker system crashes again, NADA may seek deadline extension >> Neil Roland >> Automotive News >> August 25, 2009 - 2:52 pm ET >> >> WASHINGTON -- The government's cash-for-clunkers computer system for >> dealers crashed again this afternoon, a National Automobile Dealers >> Association spokesman said. >> > > >Yeah, these sure are the guys I want handling my healthcare.... >

I would imagine that the people who set up the system were private contractors that the gvt paid to do the work. If that's the case then it is private industry that is not up to the task and it would have been better for the gvt to have done it themselves, if they wanted it done right.

Reply to
Ashton Crusher

You guessed wrong. It is the government that is handling it and trying to hire some people and borrow from other departments. Poor planning.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Ya' right LOL

Reply to
Mike

LOL! Did you ever see it when the DOJ homepage got infiltrated?

I can't find the picture, but the National Equirer did a fornt page picture of Janet Reno as a dominatrix, and about 3 months later it ended up replacing her official portrait on the DOJ website.

Yup, they do it right, OK...

Reply to
Hachiroku

How much time did they have to plan for this??? How do you know that the people they are hiring are not consultants? That's who are agency hires to fill a short term gap. My point is, you and others are blaming the bureaucrats for the problems when you have no idea what constraints they have to work under or how much is actually done by them vs private. And now you are complaining that a program that was basically just sprung on them from nowhere wasn't "planned" well. No shit Sherlock.

Reply to
Ashton Crusher

+1
Reply to
gnu / linux

I blame Congress for passing inane legislation with poor planning.

I think it was a dumb idea from the start, but if my car qualified, I'd be at my dealer on the first day grabbing my share.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Great: at least you admit to being a hypocrite.

Reply to
Desertphile

And you thing they would set up the national healthcare administration any differently?

Reply to
E. Meyer

Governments don't plan, they knee jerk.

Reply to
Canuck57

Typical congressional screw up knee jerk. Too many representative on the take to get decent visionary results for the people.

I would too but for one thing. I looked at the MSRP on a few, they jacked the prices by $10K then gve $4500 off? Not much of a deal, a scrwing actually. I am not walking nor hungry, so I will wait. Prices of cars in North America right now are stupid high.

And with people still losing jobs at over 550,000/month, and those being re-employed making less money you know pricing elstisicty in autos is at an all time low. Time to let the Tata Nano and other sub $15K autos in. If D3 can't make them cheap, let someone else can.

I am one NA that isn't going to pay what D3 auto wants, even if I have to walk.

Reply to
Canuck57

You are on the right track. They want national health care for the government revenue stream. Raise taxes under the guise of health care, then skim it for pork spending on corporations and buddy deals like GM.

That is the bare truth. No BO BS.

Reply to
Canuck57

Government= knee jerk Canuck= jerk off

Reply to
Dave

Sure, its my money, I'm taking some back. Why let everyone else take advantage of my hard work?

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

That's the best you can do? Name calling is so third grade. Get back to us when you grow up.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

JimmyBoyHiggins + Canuck = Love At First Sight

Reply to
80 Knight