Re: Troubleshooting ECU code 45 from 93 Nissan Altima

be sure to let us know when the code pops again.

all the crap you mentioned ain't gunna fix it, I've seen this code more times than I can count and I know what will fix it.

Thanks. The throttle body was cleaned last year, but I'll have it done > again. I've got enough money sunk into this car that if I can drop > another $200 for another two years, that would be awesome. I mean I > baby this car. It still has the original rear drums, and the engine is > in mint condition from the engine degreasings I used to do in "the day" > with this vehicle. > > If I bring it to my mechanic, what do you think is a reasonable quote > for the following work: > > * dismantle and clean IACV, veryify correct behavior via component test > * check EGR valve - component test and clean/replace > * clean throttle body > * diagnose wet spark plugs and noisy injector. > > I'll even let him use my consult card to pull codes. Most mechanics are > capable of using it, and the freeware software is very nice. I just > ordered a 10" cable for the laptop. If he would be receptive. I'm > thinking about 2 to 2.5 hours labor for the above work? (around > $150-$200 here). Am I going down the wrong path with this? Thanks. >
Reply to
NissTech

Thanks NissTech - I will component test the MAF for the well known ground wire issue. That's exactly the kind of information I was looking for. I know those OBD I codes are not all that accurate for these types of issues.

If I need to rewire the ground, is there anything I should know ahead of time?

Reply to
willydog