P0710 Trouble Code -- Transmission Fluid Temperature Sensor

2003 (US) Forester XS

For the last week or so, (ever since it got very cold here in Virginia) I've been driving home on the highway and a couple of times each day, the Forester will seem to hunt for a gear -- slight hesitation, slow down just slightly, then the tachnometer will jump a little, then speed back to normal.

Today, the Check Engine Light comes on, so I take it to Autozone to read the trouble code for me.

The trouble code is P0710 Transmission Fluid Temperature Sensor Malfunction.

I'm going to be taking it to the shop soon.

Anybody else experience this or know what the level of effort / cost for the mechanic to fix is?