ten-year air bag inspection

I have a 98 Nissan SE, which I bought new. It is now ten years old. The car has a big warning printed on it that says I need to get the air bag inspected at the ten-year interval.

What's up with that? What do they inspect, and how much does it cost? The place where I usually go for maintenance told me not to worry about it -- it's just a CYA thing for the manufacturer.

Jim

Reply to
Jim