TSB 04-017 Engine - Rattle/Clatter Noise On Cold Start-Up

Hi,

I have a 2003 Nissan Xterra SC model. I am contemplating setting up an appointment to have this TSB fixed on my 'X'. I hate to fix something that isn't broken but I do hear the sound on cold starts. Does anyone have a copy of the TSB? I'd like to know how extensive this work is. To change the lifters will they have to remove the intake manifold or is it done by just removing the valve covers?

I'd rather not have the dealership disassembling my X unless it's necessary.

Thanks in Advance, Robert

Reply to
Robert

Hi Robert

Is this what you are looking for?

Regards, Remco

Reply to
remco

That sure looks right. I guess I thought the TSB would contain more information about the lifter replacement procedure. I'm still not sure I want to subject my 10K mile motor to a dealership service this severe.

Thanks Much for the link.

Reply to
Robert

Yep.

Ya gotta watch those dealership technicians, they haven't got a freaking clue how to take apart and or fix your truck.

I guess all that factory training and ASE certifications don't mean squat.

PLONK

To the kill file with you LOSER !

Reply to
NissTech

Reply to
john smith

All that great training didnt help the dealership diagnose my Supercharger problem until I had taken the vehicle in five times! So forgive me if I am a little hesitant to go running to Nissan everytime I have a problem.

If your willing to dump on somebody that easily because they express concern about taking their vehicle in for a major engine breakdown for a TSB that doesnt seem very severe then maybe you are not as wise a tech as we think you are.

Maybe instead of your b.s. posting, you could have answered the question.

PL> Yep.

freaking

Reply to
Robert

Ok gang, point taken.

I guess in the grand scheme of things "all things are not created equal".

I feel your pain John with the problem you had with your Z car.

and Robert , I understand where you are coming from too.

I guess I hold the "dealership technician" to a different standard because I hold myself to one.

I guess some dealership tech's just don't give a damn about fixing the customers car correctly.

At my dealership , technicians are rewarded for having there F1 ( Nissan speak for "fixed right the first time") score above the Regional average which ranges from the upper 80's to the mid 90's on a 1-100 scale, this scoring happens every month.

The F1 scoring started in the early 90's if I remember correctly, and since that time , I think I have only missed it probably ten times year to date.

No I'm not saying that I am the greatest thing since sliced bread , but I do care about my customers. I guess that is why I am so passionate.

ok , I'm off my soap box

:-))

Reply to
NissTech