Vibration at 1500 rpm

Hi everybody,

I have a 1997 Nissan Altima with 26k miles on, and in pretty good shape.

I took it for a wheel alignment last week and after that I noticed a weird symptom, that doesn't seem to have anything to do with the wheels. Basically, when the engine is around 1500 rpm, the car starts to vibrate, and the vibration seems to be coming from the front right side of the car, but I can feel it everywhere, in my seat etc. This happens regardless of whether it is in neutral or in gear, or if the car is in motion or stationary. I took it to a Nissan repair shop and they suggested that it may be one of the engine mounts, but the low mileage, and the fact that this appeared only after a "wheel alignment" seems very suspicious to me. The vibration doesn't happen at any other rpm.

First of all, what could be the cause for this, and how could it be fixed? Secondly, could the guys at the alignment place have done something (accidentally or intentionally) to cause this?

Thanks,

Perhaps they jacked up the car in the wrong place and bent or broke something, possibly even an engine mount.

Reply to
SteveB

I have a very srtong suspicion that your wheel alignment people broke a motor mount.

CD

Reply to
Codifus

Thanks for your answers!

It's unlikely, but is there any way to prove that they did it?

This is not the first time that something like this has happend to me. I don't understand how these car mechanics can be so incompetent and dishonest. And it's so frustrating as a consumer that I get abused over and over and I don't have any way to fight back. All I can do is to post negative feedback on the web, but I don't think that will hurt them too much.

Just venting my frustration...

Adr