What about the Bluebird 1.8 SSS

Hi, I´m from chile and i got the datsun (nissan 1.8 OHC motor), this car is so nice, anyone can help me to find onformation aboiut the engine for adjustments?? please, this car have two doors, a lot of indicatros (batterie volt, gas, speed, RPM, oil presssure, temperature, and light indicators for low batterrie fluid, door open, low water wsher, ... and more) pleaseeeeee

Reply to
Menax

I had a 1.8GL hardtop 910, better looking than the Skyline R30 especially the rear window. SSS without the electric pack.

Engine is L18T, it has twin SU's, high lift cam, bigger inlet and exhaust valves than L18. Has IRS but it can get upset if you corner too quick on tight corners as it tends to kick and try to point itself in the direction it was going before you went round the corner.

Heres the spec. Idle speed M/T 700rpm, A/T 750rpm. Timing 10 degrees BTDC Plugs BP6ES, L45PW (I only use NGK) Gap 0.8 - 0.9mm Valve clearance (hot) Inlet 0.25mm (0.010 thou) Exhaust 0.30mm (0.012 thou)

coolant with heater 6.8L, 8.3L* hot area with reservoir coolant without heater 6.2L, 7.7L* hot area with reservoir

Oil 4L API SE with filter, 3.4L without filter temp above -20C 10W-30, 10W-40, 10W-50, 15W-50 temp above -10C 20w-20 (!!???) 20W-40, 20W-50

5 speed trans 2.0L API GL-4 below 30C 80W below 40C 80W-90 above -10C below 30C 85W above 0C below 40C 90 above 10C 140

auto trans 5.5L Dexron.

Diff API GL-5 1L.

Peter Hill