1994 altima

my altima lost the ground to the fuel pump relay.This ground is provided by the ecm.What I just found out was that the fuel pump has been drawing too much current[ eventually quit altogether ] Has anybody run into this problem ? Can fuel pump take out the ground provider in ecm through the fuel pump relay? right now I have ecm ground side of fuel pump relay grounded all the time with another wire tapped in.other than fuel pump running all the time with key in the on position,instead of the 2 second prime,any long term effects?anybodyknow? anybody know what the hell I'm talking about? Thanx PAD

Reply to
brguy