95 nissan altima

helo everyone, i have a 1995 nissan altima GXE its a 5 speed, when my rpm meter gets below 1 or when my car gets below 1,000 rpm's it makes a funny noise, but
when i press the gas and get it over 1,000 rpms the noise stops, if this happened to anyone or if anyone knows whats wrong with it plz E-mail me back at snipped-for-privacy@aol.com thanks alot i look forward to hearing from u.