transaxle magnet Altima 2.4L GXE automatic

I removed the pan from the transaxle and found there's a donut shaped magnet on the inside of the pan with a raised bump in the pan fitting into the center of the magnet to keep it from shifting. I notice there is another 'bump' but without a magnet. Should there be two?

Also, I changed the passenger side axle. The axle has a tin shield a short distance from the seal when the axle is bolted in place. Should this shield then be moved closer to the rubber seal? The auto parts counter person advised no.

Bill

Reply to
Bill