1995 Maxima, Malfunction Indicator Light on (Los Angeles, CA)

I have 1995 Maxima with mileage almost 130K. Today, the Malfunction Indicator Light (MIL) is on. Checked the manual. It is emission control
system-related problem. My questions are
1. What possible causes am I having here? 2. Do I need to bring it to dealer right away for inspection? Or can any auto shop like Pep Boy also fix it? 3. Manual also said I should drive under 45 MPH. Is it ture?
Any comments are welcomed. thanx
wen

This website shows you how to read the error indication and decipher the problem http://vbxmaxima.8m.com/ecu.html