1995 Maxima, Malfunction Indicator Light on (Los Angeles, CA)

I have 1995 Maxima with mileage almost 130K. Today, the Malfunction Indicator Light (MIL) is on. Checked the manual. It is emission control system-related problem. My questions are

  1. What possible causes am I having here?
  2. Do I need to bring it to dealer right away for inspection? Or can any auto shop like Pep Boy also fix it?
  3. Manual also said I should drive under 45 MPH. Is it ture?

Any comments are welcomed. thanx

wen

Reply to
Wen

This website shows you how to read the error indication and decipher the problem

Monte