2001 GLE Alternator - how to replace?

Alternator died, I think. No charging amps going to the battery at idle. Bought a new alternator but I am unsure of the easiest way to remove the old one to have it bench-tested. Should I attack this project from below? Do I need to remove anything other than the belt first?

This is my first post here. If there's an FAQ, or if RTFM is the answer, that's cool. I don't have a manual.

Thanks, Gavin

Reply to
Gavin Coulter

JimV