2004 driving (fog) lights

How in the heck do you change the bulbs in the 2004 Maxima driving lights?

Reply to
<jblack23

The guys/gals @

recommend getting at the bulbs from behind:

"For the driver's side you need to remove the intake or the stock air filter. This will give you access to the bulb. For the passenger's side, remove the fluid reservoir (there's 2 10mm bolts holding it in place). After that you'll need to remove the fill tube for the windshield washer fluid. You can do this by twisting it counter clockwise. After that you should have access to the bulb."

"Also, please note the bulbs/holder will only go in one way. If you are having trouble getting it in, try turning it over."

"Bulb sizes: fogs are H3 (55W)".

Factory manual says to pull the entire headlamp from the front:

Bulb Replacement EKS00599 1. Remove front combination lamp. Refer to LT-41, "Combination Lamp Removal and Installation" . 2. Turn the plastic cap counterclockwise to unlock it from the com-bination lamp 3. Disconnect fog lamp connector. 4. Unlock the retaining spring and remove the bulb. CAUTION: _ Do not touch the glass of bulb directly by hand. Keep grease and other oily matters away from it. Do not touch bulb by hand while it is lit or right after being turned off. Burning may result. _ Do not leave bulb out of fog lamp reflector for a long time because dust, moisture smoke, etc. May affect the perfor-mance of fog lamp. When replacing bulb, be sure to replace it with new one. _ After installing the bulb, be sure to install the plastic cap securely to ensure watertightness. Removal and Installation EKS0059A REMOVAL Refer to LT-41, "Combination Lamp Removal and Installation" . MEL328G LKIA0316E

Later, Ralph

Reply to
Ralph Pardue

Thanks Ralph, I appreciate the info. After I posted my question, I tried taking the headlamp assemblies out and after about 20 minutes gave up. Then, while talking to the service writer at Nissan about my truck, I asked him about the Maxima fog lamps. He told me that they were still under warranty because I was still under the 36,000 base vehicle warranty (I thought bulbs were a normal maintenance item). So the Nissan dealer is replacing them today.

John

Reply to
<jblack23

I took mine to the dealer since it was under 36000 miles, it was under warranty. Try that at yours.

Paul

Reply to
Paul