91 Brake Question

yesterday my brakes were fine, today i have no pedal. It goes all the way to the floor and only kinda works if i pump it. I'm assuming it is the master cylinder. Does this sound right? Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Reply to
planetary

Sounds right to me. But before you go changing it look for wet spots around the car and in the wheels. Many a time has someone replaced the master instead of the wheel cylinder

Reply to
Brian

I replaced the master in my 90 at about 100k. It leaked fluid and did just what yours did. Also, you should be seeing a puddle of brake fluid on your garage floor and the brake booster will be wet. Also, brake fluid can eat through paint. You can get a rebuilt master cyl unit from AutoZone that are not very expensive and carry a lifetime warranty. They work just fine.

Chris

90 & 94 GXE's
Reply to
Chris H