95 Maxima A/C Panel Light Question

The light or LED on related to the heat/cool adjustment on my 1995 Maxima SE stopped working. It makes it difficult to see/adjust the heat/cool controls after daylight hours. The AC unit as the well as the Button LEDs function correctly, just the horizontal heat/cool control bar light does not function.

Can this light be easily replaced? Is it a costly repair? Best I can tell the A/C controls appear to be housed within a factory sealed module.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Reply to
RK

All lights are replaceable. You have to pop the front trim off and then remove the heater control. There are FAQs on removing the panel on

(as it's also necessary to get at the stereo). They may have something on the light as well.

It's a good idea to always run your dash lighting at less than full brightness (if you'd rather not be changing a lot of bulbs).

-jim

Reply to
JimV