99 engine flutter at idle

I own a 99 Maxima that has the dreaded "engine flutter" (irregular idle). A friend's 2000 I30 has had the same problem. My codes indicated ignition coil problem and the coil was replaced. His code indicated O2 sensor and the sensor, and then sensors were replaced. The flutter problem remained. I thought I'd have to replace all the coils ( or clean as described here).

Today, I noticed in the I30 the problem was solved. Competition Infinity fixed or replaced a faulty air flow sensor/meter? Does anyone know if this fix is for the same problem? The I30 with the same symptoms now runs like a top. Thanks for any insight.

Reply to
Gar