Brakes 03 Max

I must say I absolutely love my max and am glad I didn't wait to buy the 04 max. My biggest beef with my car is the brakes. They shudder sometimes and other times they don't. At high speeds my steering wheel shakes when I brake. It does not feel like a warped disc it is almost like the brake pads don't sit properly and seem to "slip" or "skip" when I brake at speeds above 120km/h.I think re-surfacing may only solve this problem for the short-term. Anybody else having problems? Any ideas as to a long term solution?

Reply to
Chris Barrette

You didn't say how many miles, but if you are at 15-20,000, you had better give in and just change the rotors to a good aftermarket brand such as Brembos. These brakes will be relentless until you do. Do the pads too with a good anti-squeal ceramic, and you have many miles of satisfaction.

Bob

Reply to
Bob G.

Hello,

"Just had mine "done" yesterday. '03 Se 16k.

At about 50mph, when lightly applying the brakes, I got the dreaded vibration. A free resurface from a Nissan dealer "fixed" the problem, for sure temporarily. They didn't change the pads.

My '02 Max SE had the same problem as many had, but at low speeds. I didn't know soon enough and paid to fix that after it was too late.

On another note, the drivers side window motor regulator was also replaced due to an inoperative window. The first time I brought the car in, the dealer said, "It just needed lubing." This time the reg was replaced as the window was not working at all.

The headlight brackets and stickers were installed free.

The dealer also went ahead and did the "15k service" that I did not request, and tried to charge me!

I like alot about the car, but it is surely my last Nissan.

Jim

Reply to
Beanstudio Mastering