Code P0420

Back in Feb 2007, I had a P0430 - Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold (Bank 2). Dealer replaced the MANIFOLD CAT CNVTR - LEFT HAND SIDE, that is directly off the invoice, under warranty.

I now have a P0420 - Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold (Bank 1). Am I to assume there is another cat on the right hand side? Also, is it right side from standing in front of the car looking to the rear or the right side if I was sitting in the driver's seat looking out?

Anyone else have this code and what was the remedy?

Thanks. Dave

Reply to
Dave

How can you can the version of the ECM? Dave

Reply to
davejohansen

The thread so far:

Beats me. I've always figured you had to hook it up to CONSULT; garden-variety scanners couldn't actually get the current part number. But I could be wrong.

Reply to
Charles G. Hill

There is a TSB about the 0420 code - it could be that you need the ECU (free) udate.

If your ECU is already updated, then it is some other problem.

Reply to
common_ sense

Guys I've got a 2000 as well. It has been throwing P0430 now for months. Finally went to the dealer and he is going to replace the front cat (one right by the radiator) for Free (under warr for 8 years). I bought it new there. Im going in Thursday. I'll post back after I run it for a few days. I have a funny feeling the O2 senors are going to have be changed as well do to what I have read here on the post. Later.

-- Message posted using

information at

88vette