Nissan Certification on Used cars

I have a Maxima 00 with almost 40k miles.

When I was buying, Nissan dealers were showing me cars which were "eligible to be certified", for an additional $1000.

They also told me that I could take in any car I buy and get it certified (presumably for the same fee), is this true? It extends the powertrain warranty to 7yr 100k miles.

Does anyone else know the details of this?

HH

Reply to
HH [remove .nospam from email]

Sounds to me like it is a dealer program, not official Nissan. You pick and choose? That's not how a manufacturer's program works. Anyway, Nissan/Infiniti never really got into the certified programs much, and without that market support, is another reason the cars depreciate too fast compared to Lexus.

Ask the dealer who's on the hook for repairs. I bet it's not Nissan.

JM

Reply to
JM