Rough Idle and Malfunction Indicator Lamp After Reconnecting Battery

My 94 Maxima was running good, I reconnected the wires to the battery and when I restarted the car it instantly had the malfunction indicatory lamp
on and was idling very rough. There were no earlier signs of any trouble and it seems like maybe something electrical might of caused such an instant failure. Anybody have any insight into what could be wrong?
tbone wrote:

You need to read the codes to find out what it's complaining about. Search the newsgroups or www.maxima.org to find out how.