307SW 2.0Hdi (110) - Starting Problems

Hi, anyone got any suggestions on this??

My 20-month old 307 SW 2.0Hdi (110) usually starts without any problems, but just occasionally (& I do mean occasionally) it simply refuses to start!!

It will turn over perfectly normally, but without any attempt to fire. Usually, after waiting for about 5 mins, it will then start without problems (although it can take as long as 30mins!!).

The car has been into the local Pug Dealer & they have replaced the hi-press fuel pump & some associated pipework.

The problem didn't appear for a few weeks after that, but it has now returned.

It is difficult for me to "demonstrate" the problem, to the Pug Dealer, as it is usually clear by the time I get it to the Garage!

TIA

Regards, John

Reply to
John J. Burness

No solution as yet, but my 1999 306 HDI 90 has exactly the same fault. So far I have had a new engine speed sensor with no success. It is going back in on Tuesday for further work.

I will re-post when I hear what they say.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Jennings

Did they drain the tank and clean it out and renew the low pressure pump? The problem is usually caused by contamination of the fuel from the low pressure pump. Can be seen as bronze filings in the fuel filter bowl. Requires the complete renewal of the fuel system.

Reply to
Nigel

Just got the car back, it has now been fitted with a new transponder aerial in the dash, as the dealer reckons it wasn't reading the key.

Only cost £9.50 plus 1/2 hour's labour so well chuffed if that fixes it. Only time will tell though...

Reply to
Brian Jennings

Thanks for that info!! Certainly sounds likely (as if I would really know!!)!

Can you keep us posted on it??

Reply to
John J. Burness