205 GTi 1.9 stalling

Yes, I've searched the archives and read all the mooted solutions. I have a very specific question at this point, as I haven't even started to work on this yet.

What I have noticed is that often, when pulling up to lights, the revs decrease to about 500 _before coming back up_ to 7-800. Sometimes this decrease is just a little too low / long, and the car stalls.

Could this be the throttle linkage? I have seen similar on a very different car. I just ask as it's pretty odd, not like the revs decrease and then it dies, there is that blip down and up.

Reply to
Antony Gelberg