206 brakes squeak

Hi I have a 206, 1999, 1.4 model. The brakes keep on squeaking. I have replaced the guide pins. Had the brakes installedbefor the new guide pins. If I keep the steering wheel straight it does not squeak that much but as soon as I turn it the brakes have a high piched noise. It is doing my head in. Any ideas?

Any help appreciated.

Regards HV007

Reply to
HV007 via CarKB.com

hi, I had this problem on my 206. a friend told me to smear some copperslip on the back of the brake pads, this solved my problem i hope this helps!!

Reply to
chunkybear via CarKB.com

Remove the pads. Slap a load of coppergrease on the REAR and the SLIDING SURFACES only (ie, do NOT get it on the friction surface). Put them back in.

Voila :)

Reply to
Nom

Hi ALL